Thursday, March 15, 2007

Weekday Warrior

Basic Information:

Name : Romeo R. Estrella, Jr.
Nickname : Romy
Job : Construction Manager in a condominium project somewhere in Makati
Birthdate : July 2, 1970

Hobby Questions:

How did you know about this hobby?
I came across a Neutral Grounds store then in Robinsons Lagro. Saw the miniatures and started asking around. Further research on the net convinced me to buy my first blister.

How long have you been into miniature gaming?
Almost five years now.

What was your first purchase? Your latest?
First purchase was a blister of Dark Elf Shades. Other than bitz, the last purchase I ever bought for myself was a couple of Daemonette blisters.

What gaming systems do you play and what armies do you have?
I started out with Warhammer Fantasy Battles using Dark Elves. A couple of years later I started playing Warhammer 40k using Dark Eldar. Shortly after, I started playing the first Warmachine games with Kim and Emp using Protectorate of Menoth. Most of the Dark Elf and Dark Eldar models I particularly liked and luckily I had help in acquiring a second hand army (Dark Elves) from Ronald as well as the use of another guy's army (Dark Eldar). Currently I'm in the middle of completing an Emperor's Children army for 40k and eventually build a Dark Eldar force painted by myself. Menoth's a little slower to build since I'm not as active in getting the models I need, and I'm thinking of building an Empire army for WFB and maybe a super secret 40k army in the next million years. +P

Why pick these armies?
I'd say primarily because they were to me the coolest models in the lot, per gaming system.

They say, your choice of army reflects back to your personality. Is it true for you? What element of your armies' characteristics can be attributed to you?
Hehe... I hope not. Most of my armies are one of the most evil and ruthless in their respective game systems, fluff wise. I think I just want to say to myself that I can play an army according to its fluff, no matter how opposite it can be to my personality. Mabait akong kalaro, promise.

What particular miniature model are you currently working on?
I'm currently painting a squad of noise marines. Have a lot of stuff to paint before I can complete a fully painted Emperor's Children army. Ouch.

What's your favorite fig in your collection?
Probably my converted Highborn on foot for WFB. It's a simple conversion yet I'm happy with how it turned out, considering it was a first for me.



Any plans on starting a new army?
After Emperor's Children? Maybe I can resume my Dark Eldar project next. Empire for WFB looks nice. We'll see...

Any hobby-related tips you wanted to share with us?
Just one. TAKE YOUR TIME. Assemble and paint at your own pace.

Extras:

What other hobbies are you into aside from miniature gaming?
Recently I got into WOW CCG. It's a refreshing alternative to miniature gaming sometimes. I still get to play badminton at least twice a month, I play billiards whenever I can. Airsoft I hope to try at least once. Bahala na.

How do you manage your time doing all these stuffs?
Try to find time to indulge in my hobbies at least once a month. Saturdays I still get time to play as long as work permits. Billiards I play whether with friends or by myself at a local billiard hall. Still in search of that elusive break and runout. Sundays as much as possible I spend at home.



What are the odds of you being the first to introduce a girl into miniature gaming here in the Philippines?
That's a toughie. May prize ba? :D

Bonus Question:

Who do you think should win on the upcoming Presidential election?
Whoever he or she is, I have yet to meet. We'll see in the coming weeks.

No comments: