Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pay Homage To The Third Ork God!

Name: Paul Borja
Birthday: Are you sure? It's October 31, 1971

RHGC: How did you get into miniature wargaming?
Pork: Long time ago..... in a galaxy far....far away! Ever since high school we saw the Games Workshop ads on Dungeon magazine and wanted to start playing already but the Internet was not up yet so nobody was able to order! It was not until the early 1990's that we mail-ordered a Warhammer 40k stater box. The rest is downhill.

R: What model did you see that got you hooked?
P: The space marines! But everybody grabbed them first so I got stuck with the orks instead. Also the Ral Partha Battletech miniatures, but sadly I never had a chance to collect them. Alas! Lamentation...

R: How long have you been in the hobby?
P: Definitely more than 10 years already, but who's counting anyway?

R: What miniature wargames do you play and what armies do you currently own?
P: Space Orks from Warhammer 40K and Mercs from Warmachine! Bwahahahaha!

R: What was the first thing you bought for the hobby and where? And who was the staff then? (Evidently a dumb question since Pork was one of the promotor of the hobby locally)
P: Wat da? Once we decided to push for the orks, we started mail-ordering until our pocket money ran out! Plots were hatched, budgets ruined and love lives disappeared forever! Bwahahahahaha! Aray!



R: Why did those armies/factions?
P: Well I chose mercs to get out of the green phase in my gaming career. I mean it got to the point that everything started looking better in green shades! Argh! Something's just gotta give at that point.

R: Any future plans for a new army, whatever game system?
P: Right now I'm trying to master the art of limiting my army expansion. I just hated the fact that I needed several boxes just to get my army from point A to point B! As long as my army can fit into one case that I can take anywhere, then that is great!

R: What other stuff besides miniature wargaming are you into?
P: Duhhhhh... O yeah, I'm also into collecting Gundam models or they don't count? And expanding my DVD collection.



R: Fave model in your armies?
P: Da Beerkada! Bwahahahahahaha! The thing that I like about them is that they are all custom built from parts all over the place! And the character models in my merc army!

R: In your years of gaming, what awards and achievements in the hobby have you already won?
P: Best painted model or unit during the first convention held at Megamall.

R: How often do you paint and/or play?
P: I paint nearly everyday and play nearly every weekend!



R: Being a veteran, what can you say to aspiring modelers, gamers and hobbyists?
P: Pace yourself. Keep focused and don't forget - there is such a thing as real life!

R: Would you give up the hobby for Azumi Kawashima?
P: That would be..... very..... difficult. Maybe I'll break some deals for this..... I'll get back to you..... ok?

R: What does the term "dice chucking" mean to you?
P: You naughty people!

4 comments:

Obi Macapuno said...

We're not worthy!!!!

Pinoy Wargamer said...

We're not worthy!!!

Kyuzo said...

We're not worthy!!!

Scarella said...

hail the 3rd ork god!!!